Wednesday, October 14, 2009

If You Were Stranded on A Deserted Island...

At Toastmasters, there is a section of the meeting called "Table Topics," which focuses on impromptu short answers (1-2 minute answers). I was called on last week to answer the question "If you were stranded on a deserted island, what would you bring with you to help you endure the time?"


(image by Patrick Smith)

I started off my answer with my usual quip about how I always disliked this question because I thought the obvious would be to bring a boat so I could get the heck off the island! And yes, I guess I would need water and food and fresh clothes and things to make fire with...

But since the question was about what would help me endure the time on the island, I finally answered that I would bring Clement. There isn't anything or anyone else that could keep me entertained for an indefinite amount of time. I guess that's what happens when you're with your best friend. Although, a computer with high-speed internet would help pass the time too...

Do you have or have heard unusual answers to this question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little note?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin