Monday, July 13, 2009

Napping Alone

This afternoon, I had a headache and felt tired so I laid down for a bit and wound up falling asleep. But the strange things is, I never nap alone.

In fact, I now have the hardest time sleeping alone. I don't know what it is about sleeping with CL that puts me out like a light, but it never fails.

I used to be the last person to fall asleep and the first person awake at any type of sleepover. I always supposed that it was just due to unfamiliarity with the environment or situation, or that simply wasn't that comfortable. Even with (now) ex's, it was never easy to get a really good night's sleep.

But things changed with CL. We're so comfortable with each other that we frequently accidently fall asleep together, even if we weren't tired to begin with. Nothing helps settle my mind and allows me to relax like being in his arms.

And now, not sleeping with him is proving to be incredibly difficult for me. I find it difficult to go to bed at a reasonable hour, because I haven't been convinced physically or mentally that I was tired enough to go to bed. I've laid for hours before sleep would find me. I have restless dreams.

Is it all in my head? Or do I have something I just can't do without anymore?

When I woke up from my nap, I still had the headache.

2 comments:

  1. I usually sleep better with That Boy I Like as well... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Phoenix. You know... that sounds more like you are talking about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. =P

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little note?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin